How insurance can help you plan for unexpected events
If you’re a business owner, you know it takes plenty of time, work and effort, and you do whatever you can to be successful now, and in the future.
For example, you want to protect your business today while making sure you plan for retirement and the legacy you’ll leave behind.
But what happens if your plans get interrupted? What would happen if you:
- Were seriously injured?
- Battled an illness and wanted to spend more time with your family?
- Died suddenly and the business had to go to someone else?
Of course these aren’t things we really want to think about, but part of running a successful business means dealing with tough issues – and preparing for the unexpected.
Protect your business today
While your business may be running smoothly now, you need to be prepared in case the unexpected happens. There are a number of options you can consider as part of your financial security plan; insurance is one of them. The right insurance coverage can help you:
- Protect your business, if you, or a key employee is suddenly unable to work
- Pay off business loans
- Provide you or your business partner with the funds to buy the other person’s share of the business
- Cover expenses for you or your family
Ensure you have a smooth exit strategy
At some point, you may want to retire and pass on your business. That’s why it’s important to have a plan in place to ensure a smooth transition. Have you thought about your options?
You’ve worked hard to grow your business and make it a success, that’s why protecting it is important.Opens a new website in a new window
Leave a legacy for those you care about
It’s important to think about what will happen to your wealth for your family in the future:
- Do you have a plan in place to help take care of loved ones?
- Are you growing your wealth in a tax-efficient way?
- What about your estate? Will it be easy to split fairly between family members?
Insurance is one way to help maximize what you leave behind.
Plan to see the whole picture
You’ve worked hard to grow your business and make it a success, that’s why protecting it is important.
A financial security advisor can show you options that may work best for you, and how insurance and other options can help fund, or plan, for unexpected events.