Learn how critical illness insurance can help you manage a life-threatening illness
When it comes to cancer, heart attack or stroke, you may think: “That couldn’t happen to me.”
But the truth is, the risk of experiencing a life-threatening illness is very real. Did you know:
- Two out of five Canadians will develop cancer in their lifetime?1
- Every four minutes, someone in Canada is diagnosed with cancer?1
- More than 400,000 Canadians live with the long-term implications of a stroke?2
- Your financial security plan can include protection for the unexpected?
Chances are you know someone who’s experienced cancer, a heart attack or stroke. Most of us have. A critical illness can affect almost anyone – including people who are in otherwise perfect health.
The risk of experiencing a life-threatening illness is very real.Opens a new website in a new window
While it’s not fun to think about what might happen if you, your spouse or child experience a critical illness, it’s important to have a plan in case the unexpected occurs. This plan should help ensure you/your family can:
- Pay important bills (mortgage, hydro, gas)
- Cover medical expenses not covered by government or workplace health benefit plans
- Afford alternative treatments to help with recovery
- Avoid dipping into retirement funds or savings to cover expenses
- Concentrate on recovery, rather than worry about finances
A Freedom 55 Financial security advisor can help you create a plan – including critical illness insurance – to help protect yourself and your family from any financial, or non-financial issues that might come up.