Privacy and confidentiality
London Life is committed to respecting the privacy and confidentiality of information it receives, in accordance with London Life’s Privacy GuidelinesOpens a new website in a new window, and applicable law. London Life has established and will continue to maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. However, you acknowledge and confirm that the Internet is not a secure medium where privacy and confidentiality can be guaranteed and that complete security and confidentiality of transmissions to and from this site over the Internet is not possible at this time. Your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that your use of this site (including information you transmit to the site) may be subject to access or manipulation by, or disclosure to, third parties. Without limiting any other disclaimer herein, London Life and its affiliates shall not be responsible or liable for any damages that you or any other person may suffer in connection with any such breach of privacy, confidentiality or security.
Your personal information
Certain London Life websites may require you to provide personal information to London Life, such as sites that require you to register in order to access the site. Such personal information (for example, your name, birthday, postal code, and e-mail address if applicable) is used to help provide you with a secure, private and convenient experience on the site.
For sites requiring you to register:
- Identity verification: This information is used to confirm your identity when registering for access to certain London Life websites. This information is matched against our existing records to enable you to register.
- Communication with London Life: If you send London Life an e-mail through our "Contact Us" feature, the e-mail address you provide at registration will be used to contact you with our reply. If your e-mail address changes, you can always change the e-mail address we have on record on either the "Contact Us" page, or in the "Your Profile" section of the site.
- Forgotten user name or password: If you forget either your user name or password, it is simple to recover them online by going through our Forgotten User Name or Password services, available from the Sign In page. To confirm your identity before displaying either of these items, we match what you enter against the information collected during the registration process.
Remember that the security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed. Do not send private or confidential information to London Life via e-mail (e.g., your Social Insurance Number, birthday). Also, London Life will never send you an e-mail message requesting personal information. Any such request is a fraudulent attempt to gain your valuable personal information (a technique known as "phishing").
What your information will not be used for:
- Marketing from London Life: You will not receive any marketing or advertisements from London Life at the e-mail address you provide to London Life.
- Marketing from third parties: We will never sell your information to any third parties, or share it with any other organization for marketing purposes.
The security of email communication cannot be guaranteed. Any person wishing to communicate or send information of a private or confidential nature to London Life or a third party is encouraged to do so by other means.
Be cautious of email and websites purporting to represent a legitimate company and that ask you to provide confidential or financial information. It is not London Life’s practice to email you to ask you to provide or confirm your PIN, password, or other confidential or financial information, other than as may occur in response to an inquiry from you. If you receive such a request, or have any concern as to the validity of an email from London Life, a website purporting to be a London Life website, or our online security, please notify us immediatelyOpens in a new window. Please attach any suspicious email in its original form, or in the case of a website please include the URL (address of the website) in your notification.
For information on various types of email fraud, please visit the E-mail Fraud / PhishingOpens a new website in a new window page on the RCMP website.
"Cookies" are small items of data that websites store in your browser. These data files contain information the site can use to track and organize the pages you have visited, and to gather information. Some of our web-based applications use "cookie" technology to measure site activity and tailor information to fit your personal interests. London Life uses both "session" and “permanent” cookies, both of which help us deliver a superior website experience that is designed to be fast, secure and personalized. Such cookies do not contain your personal or financial information. You may decline cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly, but this may lead to reduced site functionality.
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons. Web beacons are also sometimes referred to as “clear GIF images”, “pixel tags” or “single-pixel GIFs”. Web beacons are usually invisible to a user and are used for many of the same purposes as cookies.
The information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address, for example.
You can opt-out of the collection and use of your information for select ad targeting by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada's opt-out pageOpens a new website in a new window and also by setting up “Do Not Track” options available through your browser.
London Life collects some limited information about your connection to the Internet. This information includes your computer's IP address, which is your numerical address on the Internet that lets our servers know where to send the web pages you view. This information is collected to help measure traffic to our site and the performance of our servers, and to help diagnose and address problems when they arise.