Impressive performances and podium finishes mark a banner year for Team Freedom athletes.
Here are a few of the highlights from Team Freedom’Opens in a new windows year.
Larisa Yurkiw, alpine skier
- Finished downhill season ranked third in the 2016 FIS Alpine World Cup standings
- Two silver medals
- Two bronze medals
- Named Female Alpine Athlete of the Year by Alpine Canada Alpin (APA)
Mackenzie Hughes, professional golfer
- First Web.Com Tour win in Springfield, Missouri, securing his PGA TOUR Status
- Made PGA TOUR debut
- Extended partnership with Team Freedom for additional 3 years
- Earned first PGA TOUR victory at RSM Classic in Georgia
Damian Warner, Olympic decathlete
- Bronze medal in the decathlon at the Rio Olympics
Aurélie Rivard, Paralympic swimmer
- Three gold medals and one silver medal at the Rio Paralympic Games
- Broke two world records - 400-metre freestyle and 50 meter freestyle - in Rio
- Chosen as Canada's flag-bearer for the Rio Paralympic Games closing ceremony
Other Team Freedom golfers, Adam Svensson and Albin Choi, also had successful seasons, clinching spots in the Web.com Tour Opens a new website in a new windowplayoffs. Augusta James finished 13th on the Symetra TourOpens a new website in a new window money list after an impressive year.
The information provided is based on current laws, regulations and other rules applicable to Canadian residents. It is accurate to the best of our knowledge as of the date of publication. Rules and their interpretation may change, affecting the accuracy of the information. The information provided is general in nature, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for advice in any specific situation. For specific situations, advice should be obtained from the appropriate legal, accounting, tax or other professional advisors.